Quite often Indonesian citizens and legal persons require that certain documents should be "legalized" or "authenticated" so that they can be used in Ukraine. The procedures to be followed depend on the nature of the documents and are similar to the requirements of all other governments throughout the world.
Authentication by the Consular Section (Legalization)
1. After a document has been authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of the Republic of Indonesia, it may then be submitted to the Consular Section for "authentication/legalization". Prior to the MFA’s “Certify true document” stamp most of the documents are required to be certified by 1) Public Notary and 2) Ministry of Law and Human Rights.
When presenting official documents to the Consular Section for legalization:
(a) individuals should provide a document that confirms his or her identity, as well as a declaration addressed to the Consular Section, dated and signed by the individual, which also identifies the document to be legalized by the Consular Section and for what purpose;
(b) legal entities should provide their letterhead signed by an authorized representative of the legal entity stating the intended use of the document.
In case if an individual or legal entity submits a declaration for the legalization of documents through a representative, a power of attorney or other notarized document confirming authority on the representative to act on behalf of the individual or legal entity, whose document is being presented for legalization, must also be submitted.
(c) photocopy of the set of documents for authentication should also be submitted. In doing so, due care must be taken not to remove any staples. Photocopies of multi-page documents must be in exact sequential order as the original, collated and attached to the original document with a clip.
Failure to comply will result in the return of the documents unprocessed.
2. The Consular Section will legalize only those documents which are duly authenticated by relevant Indonesian authorities as outlined above.
3. Payment shall be made in cash (through cash deposit at the Bank Mandiri (Persero) TBK Jakarta to the Embassy's Account (the account requisites will be given to a visitor at the Consular Section).
The fee is not refundable after the legalization of documents.
4. Legalization processing time is 7 calendar days.
Urgent processing is available at the double fee. The urgent processing time is 1-3 business days.
5. Documents brought in for legalization are accepted within Operating hours of the Consular section, with the exception of Ukrainian public holidays. The legalized documents, if to be picked up in person, may only be released to their owner or his or her designee pursuant to notarized written instructions from the owner.