( Information Department of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Secretariat )
According to the resolution, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine claims that:
“1. Ukraine guarantees preserving and developing ethnic, cultural, language and religious uniqueness of the Crimean Tatar people, as indigenous people, and all national minorities of Ukraine.
2. Ukraine guarantees protection and implementation of an indefeasible right to self-determination of the Crimean Tatar people as a part of sovereign and independent state of Ukraine.
3. Ukraine acknowledges the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people, executive body Kurultay of the Crimean Tatar people as a competent authority of the Crimean Tatar people.
4. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine instructs the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine to start the process of accession to the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
5. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine instructs the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine to urgently submit draft laws of Ukraine and regulatory legal acts of Ukraine determining and confirming the status of the Crimean Tatar people as indigenous people of Ukraine.
6. Elaboration of respective draft laws of Ukraine and regulatory legal acts will be carried out by consulting with the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people, and in close cooperation with the United Nations Organization, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, and the Council of Europe, in accordance with the international law and standards of ensuring human rights, rights of national minorities and indigenous people.
7. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine instructs the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine to elaborate practical mechanisms of cooperation between executive authorities in Ukraine and the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people.
8. Ukraine strongly condemns any attempts of restricting political and social rights and civil liberties, which now can be observed as a result of anti-constitutional Crimean referendum, of Ukrainian citizens of various ethnicity living in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, particularly, Ukrainians, Russians, Tatars, Armenians, Bulgarians, Greeks, Germans, Karaites and Krymchaks.
9. This Resolution comes into force on the day of its adoption.”
The Resolution was adopted with amendments submitted during the discussion.
Respective draft resolution was registered under No. 4475.